Botswana Twin Sisters Marry Same Husband

It has
been
said
that
twins
share
almost
everything but sharing a husband may seem
unimaginable. But Zambia’s Livingstone-based twin
sisters Gracious and Grace are happily married to a
man they gave conditions to, they said “take all or
none.”
The Tswana, Botswana twins are married to 25-
year-old Kays Kaundula, who lives in Livingstone
Island in Zambia.
Kaundula, his wives Grace and Gracious and his
three daughters from the two twin sisters show off
their family and lifestyles.
Kaundula runs his own motor vehicle mechanical
workshop in Livingstone Island’s residential area
and shares a house with his wives.
Kaundula however was later to discover that the
sisters shared a cell phone and that in his
conversations he proposed love to both sisters and
both accepted.
A visit to plot 140, the residence of Kaundula, was
met with a sweet greeting of small twin girls, who
are Kaundula’s four-year-old daughters from
Gracious.
Gracious and Grace seem happily married and
Gracious even says when her daughters grow up
and decide to get married, she would want them to
get married to one man.
“I want them to be together just like us. This
is what we set for ourselves as we grew up
and we are happy that we have achieved
what is good for us and our children,” she
says.
Asked what they would do if Kaundula decided to
get another wife since he was already in a
polygamous status, the two sisters at the same
time reply, “we will divorce him.”
Kaundula’s marriage is one which he says he first
could not understand as he was first confused when
he met the two sisters.
“I was picked by an amateur football team to
play in Gaborone in Botswana and after one
game as I walked out of the stadium I was
greeted with a sweet voice from one of my
wives, I can’t tell who. I was told that I had
played a nice game.
“From there I continued talking to her or now realise
that it was them on a cell phone as I later
discovered that they were using one phone so I was
talking to either of the two every time I
called,”Kaundula says.
He says their relationship continued from phone
conversations until he was later to meet them again
as if by destiny’s design in Livingstone when they
visited one of their sisters.
“After I left Botswana, I enrolled at
Livingstone Institute of Business and
Engineering studies and I happened to one
day meet one the twins when they came to
visit their sister who was staying near the
institute and from there here we are,” he said.
Kaundula, who is chief executive officer of Kays
Auto Services dealing in engine overhaul, servicing,
electric repairing and motor vehicle repair
consultancy, says he was told by the twins when he
proposed that they wanted to get married to one
man and if he was not ready, he would have neither
of them.
“I proposed and they told me that they have
been discussing my proposals which I had
been advancing through the phone. Mind you
it was one phone that they shared and at that
time they were much slimmer than now and I
could not tell them apart, so I accepted and
got married in 2007.
“My dowry was paid to my mother in-law who has
since passed on in Botswana,”Kaundula says.
He said he underwent a few difficulties with his own
family when he told them of the marriage
arrangement.
“Some opposed and others seemed to agree
but also said I was overloading myself. One
funny thing I realised later was that on the
day I met the twin in Botswana, I was greeted
twice by a person I thought had greeted me
earlier.
“I did not know that they were twins. It also
surprised me that I fell in love with both of them
and when I proposed they also said I would get none
unless I got them both. They say love is not shared
but for me it’s shared equally,”he says.
He says that he can now tell his wives apart, unlike
the early days when he first met them. Kaundula
says they would both answer to any of their names
when he called.
“When I call and say Grace I would get a ‘yes’
at the other end when actually I was talking
to Gracious. I have three daughters; one with
Grace and twins with Gracious. I have Chiluba
and Chipo aged four and one month old.
Chiluba who is named after my only surviving
sister who is a teacher in Mansa and the
other after my other sibling Chipo who is in
Lusaka.
“My other daughter from Grace is Blessings. I also
have another brother in Lusaka (named)
Paul,”Kaundula said.
Asked how people in the community react to the
marital arrangement, Gracious and Grace say they
have been told that they did a right thing.
“Our friends say we did a good thing and they
envy us. I work at Tukale Lodge and my sister
is at home helping with the children. On your
question of him bringing another wife our only
resolve would be to divorce him, we are very
happy with the way we are staying as a family
and that is what we want for our children,”
Gracious says.
The sisters say they are the last children in a family
of five and that all their relatives who are in
Botswana approve of their marriage.
Kaundula has continued with his football career with
Blue Arrows Football Club who train at the Zambezi
Sports Club under the sponsorship of the Zambia Air
Force.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.