M.I & Omawumi announced as The Headies 2012 host

::Omawunmi and M.I have been announced as the
host of this year edition of The Headies awards.
In a statement by the executive producer of The
Headies, Ayo Animashaun, "' It's a very
important year for us at The Headies, and for the
Nigerian music industry in general ', ' And we
found in M.I and Omawumi, two great
entertainers who are very passionate about the
awards, passionate about their work, passionate
about the music business and a great source of
inspiration to young, up and coming artistes,
because of their peculiar stories climbing up '.
The co-host of this years edition, 9x Headies
winner, M.I, talked about the award and his
surprise win in 2008
' I won my first Headie when no one knew who I
was' M.I says. 'It was a big leap for me and my
career and I can say the same for a lot of my
colleagues. Several years after, I'm excited to be
here, performing in a very important capacity,
along with my very good friend Omawumi '.
' You know one of the things over the years that
have been traditionally so great about the
Headies awards is the fact that they do two
things well. They merge the aspirational aspect
of entertainment with the inspirational aspect of
entertainment. You take us to the villages, we
meet people where they don't really have water
we've done that. At the same time you take
people to Brazil. A young person can look and be
inspired and also aspire too ,' he concluded.
' It's been fun, fun, fun for me ' Omawumi said.
The event will be held at the Eko Hotel & Suites
on 20th October 2012.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.