More corps members flee from North

The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has
entered the final stages of the mass
redeployment of corps members posted to
some crises-prone states in the northern part
of the country.
The exercise, which commenced last week,
is scheduled to end this week. Thousands of
the corps members have continued to throng
the NYSC permanent orientation camp in
Kubwa, Abuja, where the exercise is taking
place.
Chidiebere Osai, one of the corps members
posted to Kebbi, however, cited health
reasons as his reason for seeking
redeployment; regardless of the fact that some locals in Birin-Kebbi threatened a group of
them for drinking at a bar.
“It was more like just a warning; it won’t take us anything to heed it, and we’ll only be there
for a year, not even a year but 10 months,” he said. “I have applied during camp but my
application was not granted and I need to move back to Enugu as my doctor resides there. I
have nowhere to put up in Abuja so I slept in the park; if they don’t answer me today I will go
back to the park to sleep.”
Another corps member Blessing Ugoji, who was redeployed from Taraba State to Ekiti State,
said she was pleased to have been redeployed from the north as she can have a rest of mind
while serving her nation.
“At least I can now serve my nation without fear of been killed,” she said. “Even if I am
posted to the remotest part of Ekiti, I won’t be bothered so long my life is not at risk like in
Taraba.”
According to the Deputy Director of Corps Mobilisation, Emmanuel Adewuyi, the present
exercise is only for 2012 Batch B corps members. He assured members of this batch whose
redeployment requests have not been met to be patient as the exercise continues.:::::

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.