Lil Wayne Trusts Nicki Minaj's Creative Binges in 'Dedication 4' Mixtape

:Nicki Minaj is going to be
featured in Lil Wayne's latest
street album "Dedication 4".
Unlike the previous records she
made during her early career, the
chart-topping femcee is now
given a complete control of her
rhymes while Weezy is "just
sitting back watching, and seeing
the fruits of his labor."
"I usually pick the beat when me
and Wayne do something," she
tells MTV. "I went to Miami and I
started grilling him like, 'Hey,
why don't you lecture me
anyone?' and he says, 'You made
it already I ain't got to tell you
s***.' We had this crazy little spat
- I actually got on footage and I'll show the fans really soon."
The rapstress continues, "But he's working on the mixtape
and I said, 'Excuse me, I need to be on that mixtape,' and he
said, 'Aight, whatever you wanna do.' So I just went into the
other room and recorded on this particular beat that I'm sure
my fans are gonna be very happy that I touched. I'm really
excited for the kids to hear."
She says of the change, "It's like having a strict parent and
when you no longer have it [you] kinda want that. I told him,
'I miss when you would lecture me and tell me to keep on
my grind and do this do and do that - where's the love?'."
She then does her impersonation of her mentor, "[Female
Weezy voice] Yeah, you and Drake ya'll made it, ya'll don't
f*** with a n***a no more."
"Dedication 4" was supposed to be released on August 15,
but it was postponed to give a room for "Based on a T.R.U.
Story" released by his homie 2 Chainz. "I refuse to put any
attention on me when the spotlight, everybody's eyes,
everybody's attention and everybody's focus should be on
my n***a 2 Chainz's album 'Based On A T.R.U. Story'," he
explained.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.